Effective Date: 15th Of August, 2021
- Your Consent (please read carefully!)
Please note: you are not obligated by law to provide us with any information. You hereby acknowledge, warrant and agree that any information you do provide us is provided of your own free will and consent, for the purposes and uses described herein.
- What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two general types of information regarding our Users:
- Un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to visitors of our Services or un-identified Users, which may be made available to us or collected automatically via their use of the Services, or which may have been fully and irreversibly anonymized (“Non-personal Information“). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the person from whom it was collected, and mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session logging, heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying information regarding their device, operating system, screen resolution, internet browser, language and keyboard settings, ISP, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
- Individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual for logging in to the system (“Personal Information“). Such Personal Information that is collected by us mainly consists of the following types of information : email and password.
Additional information that is collected by 3rd party product of Intercom – allows ByondXR teams to provide best possible support to the teams.
- We use the email only as matter of identification of the user.
- The email is used to log-in to the back-end / Management toolset of XR-Studio , and it’s part of the licensing and metering mechanism. The number of users and their usage is being tracked for the purposes of billing, support and service improvement.
- The password is encrypted, specific to ByondXR platform and is not shared with any other environments.
- Email is used by ByondXR team to support the customer and provide
In addition, with respect to Users of our Paid Services (as defined in our Terms of Service), we may collect their company name and affiliation, physical address, E-mails and login credentials to our Services, payment details, payment preferences and transaction history (to the extent that any such information is personally identifiable to any particular persons, otherwise we will deem it as Non-personal Information).
- End User Information: we may collect similar information pertaining to any End Users of our User’s Experiences, solely for and on our User’s behalf (as further described in Section 6 below).
- Job Candidate Information: Information that is provided to us by ByondXR job candidates (“Candidates“), when they apply to any of the open positions published at our Website, by e-mail, via LinkedIn or otherwise, and following their application (as further described in Section 7 below).
How Do We Collect Such Information?
There are two main methods that we use:
- We collect information through the use of our Services. Namely, when our Users visit or use our Services, we might be aware of it and may gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, including by using third party services as detailed in Section 8 below, and by using “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as further detailed in Section 9 below.
- We collect information which is provided to us voluntarily by the User, their organization or other third parties. For example, we collect the Personal Information that our Users provide us when registering to our Services, uploading data and content to our Services, filling out forms and contacting us, etc. In addition, we don’t do so voluntarily – but may collect Personal Information that is provided to us by or regarding a User’s End Users, as well as by third parties including our business partners, affiliates and service providers.
- Why Do We Collect Such Information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate, operate, and provide our Services;
- To verify the identity of our direct Users;
- To collect payments;
- To further develop, customize and improve our Services, and to provide you with any such enhanced Services, as we put together and analyze all Information available to us to maximize the relevance and quality of our Services;
- To improve your user experience, e.g. by remembering Information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or next visit to the Services;
- To provide our Users with customer assistance and technical support, and to diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers;
- To monitor and improve the effectiveness of our Services and our marketing efforts;
- To be able to contact our visitors and Users with general and personalized service-related notices, surveys and promotional messages (as further detailed in Section 10 below);
- To monitor aggregate metrics and create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, including anonymized and/or pseudonymized Personal Information, which we, our Users or our business partners may use and disclose at our discretion;
- To manage and assess risk, enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities, and help protect against error, fraud or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- To consider Candidates’ applications for working at ByondXR (as further detailed in Section 7 below);
- To act as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements; and
- To conduct any additional activities that may require the use of your Personal Information, for which we will request your specific consent in advance.
- Where Do We Store Personal Information?
Information regarding our Users may be maintained, processed and stored by ByondXR and our authorized affiliates and Service Providers (including our secured cloud storage providers, Amazon Web Services) in the United States of America, in Israel, and might be accessed from other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law (as further explained in Section 8 below).
Information regarding our job Candidates will be maintained, processed and stored by ByondXR and our authorized affiliates and service providers in the United States of America, in Israel, in the applied position’s location(s), and as necessary, in secured cloud storage provided by our Third Party Services.
ByondXR is based in the United States with offices in New-York City (NYC) and in Israel (Petach-Tikvah). Israel is considered by the European Commission to be offering an adequate level of protection for the personal information of EU Member State residents.
- End User Information
ByondXR may collect, store and/or process certain Non-personal and Personal Information concerning the End Users of our Users (the individuals who visit and use their Experiences), on our Users’ behalf and at their direction. For example, our Users are able to collect and store certain End User information via our Services, when such End Users use their Experiences. Such Personal Information is then stored with ByondXR (and its third party service providers), on the User’s behalf.
For such purposes, ByondXR serves and shall be considered as a “Data Processor” and not as the “Controller” (as both such capitalized terms are defined in the European Data Protection Directive and the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation) of such End User information. The Users and their organization shall be considered as the “Controllers” of their End Users’ information, and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection and control of such information, including all data protection laws of any relevant jurisdiction.
Our Users are responsible for the security, integrity and authorized use of their End Users’ information, and for obtaining any consents and permissions required for the collection, processing and use of such information.
ByondXR cannot and does not provide any legal advice to its Users or their End users, however we do recommend that all Users publish and maintain clear and comprehensive privacy policies on their Experiences, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, and that all End Users carefully read those policies and make sure that they consent to them. For more information on how End Users’ information may be processed by Byond, please see Sections 8, 12 and 13 below.
If you are an End User of any of our Users and have had your Personal Information collected on such User’s behalf, we recommend that you contact them directly with any privacy or data-related concern you might have. For example, if you wish to access, correct, amend or delete inaccurate information processed by ByondXR on behalf of its Users, please correct the information on the same User Experience where it was originally entered by you, or contact the relevant User directly (as they are the “Controller” of such data). If requested to remove any End User Personal Information, we will usually respond to such request within thirty (30) days. Unless otherwise instructed by our User, we will retain their End Users’ Personal Information for the period set forth in Section 12 below.
- Job Candidates
ByondXR welcomes all qualified Candidates to apply to any of the open positions posted a LinkedIn, by sending us their contact details and CV (“Candidates Information“). We understand that privacy and discreetness are crucial to our Candidates, and are committed to keep Candidates Information private and use it solely for our internal recruitment purposes (including for identifying Candidates, evaluating their applications, making hiring and employment decisions, and contacting Candidates by phone or in writing).
Please note that ByondXR may retain Candidates Information submitted to it even after the applied position has been filled or closed. This is done so we could re-consider Candidates for other positions and opportunities at Byond; so we could use their Candidates Information as reference for future applications submitted by them; and in case the Candidate is hired, for additional employment and business purposes related to their work.
If you previously submitted your Candidates Information to Byond, and now wish to access it, update it or have it deleted from our systems, please contact us at contact@byondXR.com
- With Whom Do We Share Personal Information
ByondXR may share your Personal Information with third parties (or otherwise allow them access to it) only in the following manners and instances:
Sharing Personal Information with other Users in your organization: We may share a User’s Personal Information with their affiliated organization, and also allow limited access (such as only to username and content) to anyone who accesses the Services via the same User Account.
In certain cases, other Users from your organization will control your account and will be entitled to monitor, process and analyze your information and associated content, including (i) view any content you submit and your activities on the Services; (ii) view statistics regarding your account; (iii) change your account password; (iv) suspend or terminate your account access; (v) access or retain information stored as part of your account; and (vi) restrict your ability to delete or edit information. Please note that we are not responsible or liable for any disclosure, use or monitoring by your organization.
Third Party Services: ByondXR has partnered with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. These include hosting and server co-location services (such as Amazon Web Services), data analytics services (such as Google Analytics), data and cyber security services, banks, payment processors and correspondents, fraud detection and prevention services, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording, remote access services, and our business, legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Services“). Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to our Users’ and/or their End Users’ Personal Information, depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services and business, and may only use it for such purposes. Such disclosure or access is normally subject to the recipient’s undertaking of confidentiality obligations, and the prevention of any independent right to use this information by the recipients, except as required to help us provide our Services. ByondXR remains responsible and liable for any Personal Information processing done by Third Party Services on its behalf, except for events outside of its reasonable control.
Governmental/Law Enforcement Agencies and Legal Requests or Duties: We may disclose or otherwise allow access to your Personal Information pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, with or without notice to you, if we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
Protecting Rights and Safety: We may share your Personal Information with others, with or without notice to you, if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of Byond, any of our Users, their End Users, or any members of the general public.
For the avoidance of doubt, ByondXR may share your Personal Information in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so. Additionally, we may transfer, share or otherwise use Non-personal Information in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
ByondXR uses certain monitoring and tracking technologies, including ones offered by Third Party Services. These technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, pixels and log files, are used in order to maintain, provide and improve our Services on an ongoing basis, and in order to provide a better experience to our visitors and Users, and to their End Users. For example, these technologies enable us to keep track of our Users’ preferences and authenticated sessions, to better secure our Services and detect abnormal behaviors, to identify technical issues, and to monitor and improve the overall performance of our Services.
In order for some of these technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device, for purposes of session and user authentication, security, keeping the User’s preferences, connection stability, monitoring performance and generally providing and improving our Services.
In order to delete or block any cookies, please refer to the “Help” area on your internet browser for further instructions, or look for optional third party add-ons offering cookie management assistance. For example, you can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. Click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instructions. Please note however that deleting any of ByondXR’s cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application.
- Communications From ByondXR
Promotional Messages: In addition to communications that are an inherent part of our Services, occasionally we may also use your contact information to contact and notify you about important changes to the Services, updates, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable. We may contact you through e-mail, the Services, or any other contact information (such as your mobile phone number) you have provided us.
By registering to our Services and/or providing ByondXR with your e-mail address or any other contact information, you expressly agree to receive promotional content, messages or calls from ByondXR or our partners (acting on our behalf) through such means. Accordingly, we shall be entitled to call you or send you promotional content or messages by e-mail, SMS, direct text messages, marketing calls and similar forms of communication.
If you wish not to receive such promotional messages or calls, you may notify ByondXR at any time by the intercom chat widget , e-mailing us at byond@ByondVR.com or by contacting us through the contact form at www.byondxr.com or by following the “unsubscribe” or “stop” instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
Service Messages: ByondXR may also contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, payment issues, service maintenance, recruitment process updates, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service messages.
- Accessing Your Personal Information
If you wish to exercise your right to access and/or request us to make corrections to your Personal Information that you have stored with us (either yours or your End Users’), or to delete it, or would like to receive a summary of what Personal Information (if any) of yours we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please send us an e-mail to info@ByondVR.com Attn: Data Protection Officer, and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with applicable laws. Please note that you may also correct, update or remove certain parts of your Personal Information by yourself, or completely deactivate your account, by logging into your account at ByondXR or by going to the same website where you originally provided the Information.
If you are an End User of a certain User of ByondXR’s Services, we recommend that you contact such User directly if you wish to access, correct, amend or delete inaccurate information processed by ByondXR on behalf of such User (for more information, please see Section 6 above).
- Data Retention
We may retain your (and your End Users’) Personal Information for as long as your User Account is active or as otherwise needed to provide you with our Services. We may retain such Personal Information even after you deactivate your account or cease to use our Services, as may be requested by your organization, and possibly longer as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding any of our Users or their End Users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
ByondXR has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information of our Users, including physical, procedural and electronic measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to our Services; we use industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connections to protect the transmission of information that we believe in good faith to be of a sensitive nature; we use encryption tools to protect such sensitive information stored with us; we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and seek new ways and tools for further enhancing the security of our Services and the integrity of the Personal Information that we hold.
Please note however, that regardless of the measures we take and the efforts we make, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Information stored with us and/or with any third parties as described in Section 8 above. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise information security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when using the Services and when communicating with us, and your use of the Services is at your own risk.
We strongly encourage you to set strong passwords for your User account(s), avoid using the “save password” feature in your browser, and protect your account against unwanted access on your end (for example, do not share your login credentials with others, or allow them free access to your logged-in device).
If you have any questions regarding the security of our Services, please feel free to contact us at support@ByondXR.com.
- Contacting Us